Tuesday, April 27, 2010

For the coffee-haulic teacher

Working on teacher gifts for my daughters 4th grade teacher.  My daughter wants me to make a big coffee mug for her because her teacher loves coffee.  If she doesn't have time for coffee at home she has my daughter go to the office and get some for her.  She tells me to make it big.  So I make what I think are over size mugs 1.5 pounds. about 6 inches tall.

She tells me "no I want them bigger".  It will be funny.  So I made bigger.  2 lbs and over 6 1/2 inches tall.  She may be disappointed after they shrink, but right now my favorite little critic is happy.   The teacher will   have plenty of energy for next years class.



3 comments:

  1. just found your blog after reading about you throwing while sitting on the toilet. that's just too funny lol... i make my big mugs using 2 lbs of clay, and i'm actually thinking of making htem just a touch bigger. i do like my coffee in the morning. that's a very nice mug shape too, i like the foot on the bottom. i'm a clutz though and have to have a wide and sturdy base or i'll tip it over in a heart beat. kind of pathetic but just can't seem to help it lol... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I make most of my mugs tall and thin so they fit in my car cup holder. I have to bring coffee with me to work every morning. I hate using plastic travel coffee mugs. They make the coffee taste bad.

    (for the record...the lid was down when I had my wheel in the bathroom. lol)
    It was actually an efficient place to work at the time. Tile floors, water was handy, and the edge of the tub was a good shelf.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the footed mugs and easy to grab handles, your lettering is so good, one of these days I'll improve with that.

    ReplyDelete