Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Glazemixer.com gets my outstanding customer service award!

Every once in a while a business amazes me with outstanding customer service that goes above and beyond.  This is a follow up to the last entry I made about the mystery substance in my glaze.  As you recall, I ordered some test glazes from www.glazemixer.com .  One of the glazes I ordered was Ohata.  The first time I mixed and used the glaze it mixed perfectly well.  After another week or two I went to use the glaze again and I found hard crystals in the glaze that I could not mix or sieve out of the mixture.  I sent a brief e-mail to glazemixer.com about what it could be along with some photos of what I saw.  I quickly got a response saying that it could be the container I keep it in or possibly the fluctuation in storage temperature, and that it usually only happens with glazes that contain lithium and boric acid.  He also told me how to fix it.   Add a small amount water to the sieved out crystals and heat to about 150 degrees then mix it back into the glaze mixture.  I was very happy with his quick response and solution.  Then today in the mail yesterday,  I received a replacement batch of glaze along with an apology note.  Receiving this in the mail was completely unexpected and very much appreciated.  A loyal customer has been earned.

If you would like to try ordering from www.glazemixer.com mention this coupon and me for saving a few dollars!

No comments:

Post a Comment